Friday Night Award Reception and Mixer
The Friday Night Award Reception and Mixer will take place on Marea Lawn at the VEA Newport Beach where Terri Breer, Family Mediation Institute founder, will receive the Forrest “Woody” Mosten SCMA Star Award for Excellence and Innovation in Family Mediation.
This is a great opportunity to network and mingle with other conference attendees while enjoying the views of the Pacific Ocean and the sunset on the beach.
If you are a family dispute professional you will not want to miss this incredible conference that is full of amazing speakers and workshops from beginning to end. We will be kicking off this year’s FMI with Keynote Speaker, Erin Levine, founder and CEO of Hello Divorce. Erin Levine is a nationally recognized divorce attorney and legal innovator who will inspire you with her unique approach to simplifying the divorce process for clients. We will then be closing out the conference with none other than Bill Eddy, President of the High Conflict Institute. Bill Eddy is a respected mediator, therapist, and author who will provide valuable insights into managing high-conflict personalities in mediation. These two experts are not to be missed, and their speeches are sure to leave you with valuable takeaways to apply to your mediation practice.
We are excited to announce that this year we will be featuring two specialized tracks dedicated to divorce mediation and family mediation.
- Divorce Mediation Track will feature:
- Zach Taylor, Laura McGee, and Carlie Berke discussing mortgage and divorce.
- Debra Voda-Hamilton will guide you through how to handle pets in a divorce
- Bruce R. Fredenburg along with Dr. Carol Hughes will discuss the impact that gray divorce has on adult children.
- Family Mediation Track will feature:
- Marci Barrett and Cynthia Safir discussing the complexities of elder mediation.
- Crystal Williams and Josh Kershenbaum will help mediators learn how they can support the parents of children with special needs
- Amanda Singer and Jennifer Segura will address premarital and marital mediation.
We will also have a special segment to connect with your colleagues featuring Sara Campos from Loyola Law School.